Sunday, May 20, 2007

we wuz surveilled

in the release of the NYPD’s 600 pages documenting surveillance of individuals and groups prior to the Repug Convention in 2004, not only is MNN listed, but also our beloved Youth Channel.
The PD’s “Cyber Intelligence Unit” warns about “DAILY COVERAGE OF ANTI RNC PROTESTS ACTION ON MANHATTAN PUBLIC ACCESS CABLE TELEVISION NETWORK”.
many of us working at MNN (and many volunteers) helped to produce this programming. nice to see that someone was watching.
the fine people at i-witness video have a searchable database of the docs where you can see if you were watched as well.
big thanks to YC’s Andrew Lynn for this tip.

2 Comments:

Blogger Joy Ryder said...

joyryderband.com Hey Rich, nobody ever kicks a dead dog...just as long as bunch of surveillers start following you around every day..then theres something to worry about...

11:53 AM  
Blogger Katharine Kitten said...

I know they caught me on tape. I almost got arrested too. I think my camera may have saved me. It's okay that they are watching us as long we keep watching them. Good looking out Rich!

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home